Getting my grill on

12:53

As soon as the days start to get a little longer and the weather a little warmer my thoughts start to head in the direction of BBQ's. During the cold winter months it is often dark by the time I finish work, but once spring starts to make its presence felt there is little more that I enjoy than cooking on the BBQ out on the deck. 



These days my preferred BBQ method is charcoal. Not as convenient as a gas fired grill, but so much more atmosphere and certainly a lot more flavour. Important to note I don't use the compressed BBQ briquettes that are so readily available. I prefer to use charcoal, which is now pretty readily available at good hardware shops and BBQ stores.  My charcoal grill has a large hood so I can roast and smoke as well as grill. Get in touch if you are interested in the grill I use.

A chimney (also available from hardware and BBQ supply shops) is a great way to get your fuel burning. A few firelighters in the bottom, 20 minutes later you are good to go.


I cook a lot of different meats on the grill, but I think my favourite at the moment is chicken. Chicken pieces, marinated and grilled over hot coals is hard to beat. I also hot smoke whole chicken by adding a chunk of hickory to the coals. Let us know how you like to BBQ!






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images